Sunday 30 April 2017

Bank Holiday post

Hello again! I hope you are all enjoying the bank holiday! I have been getting the garden sorted out. Hard work and grateful for the help of a friend I can tell you! But, I have had some crafty time. So, here is what I have been doing.
These are cards made in parchment using a fine grid and the Brazilian colouring method. That is three shades of the same colour family. You use the medium shade on the rear of the design and then use the light and dark shades from the front. The design is always traced in black when this colouring method is used. Patterns are by Dorthy Holiness. Close up show the grid work which is different on both cards.


Here is another card designed by Judith Maslen. I love this design.. It is coloured with felt tips from the rear of the card. Normally we would use a brush to spread the colour but not on this design. I have added a close up of the roses.

So, on to my next best crafty love. Scrapbooking. Below is a cut file of cups, thanks to Pol Prince for cutting that for me! I used flower soft for the froth. I love my Tassimo coffee and  it tastes better served in my lovely cappuccino cup and saucer! A close up shows the tag. and you can just see my journalling popping out under that.

Here is a page where I tried  something new. Reverse packaging technique. You use some bubble wrap or cellophane and add paint or mists etc on to it, add a little water and watch the paint etc spread. you can even move the surface you are using about a little to help the spread. then lay it flat and gently press your page or paper/card onto it and when you  are happy you have a good coverage carefully lift the paper/card off the packaging and see what you have. You can't control the result really other then the colours you use. The result will be different each time. This time, the results looked like a huge wave and I had the right photo for it. The other way for the packaging technique is to add the mediums onto the packaging and then put the packaging onto the paper! Again the result is different each time. Be careful what colours you use because some colours don't mix well and you can end up with a muddy mess. close up shows you a little better how the technique turned out.

 Last of all Happy Feet. My new shoes. I love these. Proud to be British feet! LOL  Vegan leather and comforty and its breathable material so no sweaty feet! I used a Heidi Swapp stencil and texture paste  then Gelatos.. I then used a damp brush  to spread the colour. My journalling is on the reverse of the "lovin life" tag.

So folks, we are at the end of April. Where this year is going heaven knows, but it going there faster then I would like! Well done to all who took part in the Birmingham 10k today including my daughters who raised funds for Macmillan.They ran in memory of their Dad.
Spread the love folks, live and let live, everyone is different and unique. Celebrate that, is makes the world a better and more interesting place. Remember to tell the ones you love just that! That you love them you never know what is around the corner!  take care until next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment