Friday 7 September 2018

september

So, here we are at the start of Autumn, the weather is cooler and the leaves are beginning to turn colour, soon be Christmas! Like always I have been busy crafting. First I thought I would show the scrapbooking.
        I have said before my family have been up here and helping, well doing, the decorating. I have put up a picture of the double lay out so you can see how it looks side by side and then, I added the pages separate. I used the same paint we used on my walls and I cut out some of the detail on the wallpaper.


Next is the parchment. There are three rocker cards. The Robin is a design by Mary Kerr and I coloured the robin using the wet and dry technique. I used blendable pencil first because the oils in the lead protect the parchment from the water needed to use watercolour pencils. You have to be careful putting water onto parchment it can buckle if you get it too wet, so only use a damp brush.

The next card is the same design by Anne Quinn but one is made using only normal parchment and some gold micro beads in the centre and the other I coloured the parchment with a red and green pro-maker. Pro-markers are alcohol  ink. Getting coloured parchment is getting to be hard work has lots of the colours have sadly been discontinued. On the red one I used a mix of light green glitter and gold beads


                 Next is a design out of Parchment Craft Magazine which is by Linda Williams. I used a navy parchment to back the white design. There was lots of cutting out inside the circle. I added tiny dip dots on the navy to look like snow, For that I used a white paint.
 
I added a close up, because in the main photo you couldn't really see the gold writing around the circle and how the star is made 3D

So, that's all I have for this time. I will leave you with the thought I saw on twitter..
...
  that you need to be happy and be who you wanna be. if others don't like it then let them be. Happiness is a choice life isn't about pleasing everyone.
So be happy people and spread the love!
See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment