Friday 10 August 2018

cooler August

Hello all, I hope you are enjoying the cooler weather. I know I am. Are you following the European Games? I have been watching the diving  and enjoying that lots.
I have a few things to share this time. I have had my family up here and they have been busy decorating two rooms for me, so crafting went to the back seat for a while. We also took time out to have a picnic at Ennerdale Water My scrapbooking mojo is on the way back too. And I managed some work in my art journal.
First of all a page show casing Chloe one of my granddaughters. I had several  packets of flowers open, I had used one or two out of each packet  and so I decided to get as many packets empty as possible. I have been keeping this sheet of paper until I got the right photo for it. I added a close up so you can see the lovely Bramble Fox perspective "Beautiful". I printed off lots of photos this morning so I have lots to work with now the mojo is back.

Next is parchment, A pattern by Tina Cox.

Below is a design by Christmas Coleman.

Last of all my art journal. I tried a Indian girl in a owl head-dress Not a full success, but I enjoyed it It's been coloured it pencil and a flat back gem added to the head dress.
A close up shows it a little more, and I used a little gold gel pen too.

Next, the witch. Plain old HB pencil. I couldn't sleep and doddled away for a while and this appeared on the page!

Well, that is all I have to show you this time.  

 I have been reading a book by Jodi Picoult. It's fiction but she added an interesting thought before a chapter. She wrote. maybe bad things happen because it's the only way we can keep remembering what good is supposed to look like. Interesting thought. I guess we can all help by being the best person we can be. Spread the love folks and I'll see you next post.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I've been watching the European Games too - it's been great! I love the diving and swimming...I'm a frustrated mermaid I think! Gorgeous page for Chloe, and the perfect wording too for such a stunning young lady! Those flowers set it off supremely! Parching as ever is lovely Lynn, I particularly like the Tina Cox one. I'm so impressed with your Art Journal work! Love the little Indian girl, and your witch is wonderful - like the detail of the cobweb in her hair! I love to read your blog Lynn, and I totally agree that we have to have bad things happen in life in order to appreciate the good! Live life to the fullest that you can for you, and yes be kind to one another, life's better that way xxx

    ReplyDelete