Sunday 17 June 2018

The year is flying

Good Evening all. Well, 2018 is sure flying by at the rate of knots! We have had some wonderful weather but now the rain and wind have returned to the North West. I was going to stop uploading to my blog. It just seemed a waste of time when no one seems to be looking at it. But, I have caved in and here I am doing the last post for June. So what have I been doing?All parchment craft cards again. My scrapbooking mo-jo is still on the missing list! I'm hoping to have it back soon. I have been doing A LOT of clearing out craft items, making it easier to find what I want to use. In the hope that will help me get back to using patterned papers etc.
So, the first four cards are all Mary Kerr designs. I was getting ahead for wedding anniversaries! Using a red vellum to back the first one, and a 3D flower , I thought it looked quite fresh and modern.
Next one is backed by a pink vellum. The coloured vellum is a heavier weight then normal parchment.


                              Again, using a red vellum to back the white work. Add 3D flowers with a dab of pearl drop paints in the centres.
Next one is backed by a wine red vellum and the roses embossed using a too I should use more often, the hockey stick tool.

a close up, so you can see the roses better.


Next a pattern by Judith Maslen. I love pansies and this is a older pattern Judith kindly gave free some time ago.
 This one I can't remember the name of the designer, sorry, It is a pattern from Parchment Craft Magazine. So pretty and has two layers of normal parchment. The daises are painted in white ink.

Last but not least, is a pattern by Judith Maslen. I was clearing out some magazines and I found a lot of parchment guild news letters. Sadly the guild has now closed and lost for good. But most of the news letters contained a free pattern. Like this one. She has been coloured in blendable pencil and a small gem added in her hair and three in the centre of each flower.
So, that winds up the blog for June. I do hope you are enjoying some better weather.I hope your team in the World Cup (whoever that may be) does you proud. But I will say COME ON ENGLAND! Miracles have been known to happen and the team is in it, so I guess has a chance, all be it slim, of winning it! LOL 
Please take care of yourselves and remember to spread the love and remember to love yourself too, Because you are just has special has everyone else!
until July byeeeeeee 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful work as ever Lynn! I love the layering on the two hearts card, and those roses are divine! I have a friend who is expecting a baby in December, so I shall definitely be getting my parching gear out! Thank you for your inspiration! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meant to say, I love that lady! The draping is beautifully done!xx

    ReplyDelete