Saturday 25 November 2017

last posting for November

Hello everyone, I hope you are keeping warm. Its freezing here! The wind is really cold and the fell tops are white. Burrrr.... So what have I been doing? Mainly scrapbooking... so I'll start showing you what I have been doing I really needed to get busy with Disney Paris pages. But I have made one piece of parchment and a art journal page. so first RUN DISNEY.  My daughters have raised so much cash running for Macmillan nurses. I am so proud of them both!
Below is another run Disney page also in these photos are son in law Marc and granddaughter Chloe who also ran at Disney.

A close of the details making the most of what was left of the patterned paper!

Next below will be the header page in my scrapbook for the parade pages. I used a Sissix set of dies for the title. 

This page shows the various dancers that were in the parade. the costumes were lovely. Fabulous perspective embellishment is by Bramble Fox 

Next a family pic, well those of us that made it to Disney Paris. But I thank everyone that made my trip there possible.

Below I have to thank Pol Prince for cutting the file for me. I used a dazzlers texture paste and a stencil for the stars.

close up of the stars.

Next my art journal I had messy fun this morning printing with leaves and using Brusho paints. When will I ever remember to use gloves when doing this. I now have green blue and red tinted finger tips! I used water colour paper. this is the background I made with the leaves and a close up of it below

Below is the finished page, remember those leaves I covered in gold leaf? Well here is where they ended up I added some metal pieces and stones out of a tin of mixed media pieces I brought from The Craft Box. Below is a close up.



Last but not least is parchment A pattern by Florence Holmes. Lovely to make and I painted the leaves by rubbing felt tip onto a tile and picking it up with a brush and using a round and round method. Which is keeping the brush pointed to the outside edge of the leaves and making tiny circles with the brush. The colour gets pushed up the brush and fades  away has it travels up the brush. Sorry about the shadow about the edge, the day light through the window was picked up by the camera.
So, remember folks spread the love, be nice to each other and keep safe and warm. Until next blog post byeeeeee


1 comment:

  1. Lovely post as usual Lynn! I love seeing what you've been getting up to artistically!! You will have such a lovely collection of pages to look back on remembering your trip to Disney! Love the esy you've used those leaves from last time...So effective. I used to love painting on parchment, havn't done it for so long I would be very rusty. Thank you again for an intersting blog post xx

    ReplyDelete